Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Promethean Boards: Seen But Never Touched

My experience with promethean board learning has strictly been an observation experience. I have never had a hands on experience to play with the technology and figure out how it operates. I have seen it used in very limited ways in the classroom. The classroom that I observed during my clinical experience at Petal had a smart board that the teacher often used as a way to review numbers and letter with her kindergarten students. The students could play number and letter games as a whole class and interact with the board. This seemed to be a fun way to review concepts. A speaker came to my Classroom Management class last year and gave a short tutorial and introduction to the promethean board. She showed us several interesting things that the board could be used for such as classroom poles and voting. The tutorial definitely intrigued me but we were not able to have a hands on experience due to time limitations. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to gain more practice and experience with this technology before I start teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment